Sunday, November 30, 2008
Recognize Stress Symptoms in your life
Here are six reasons you should recognize stress signs and symptoms in your life.
1. Stress may be affecting your health, and you may not even realize it.
2. The specific signs and symptoms of stress vary widely from person to person. For example you suffer from stress related headache and dizziness but a friend of yours experiences stomach problems, or shortness of breath.
3. Stress symptoms often mimic symptoms of other problems. Dizziness, headaches, chest pains, rapid heartbeat are probably stress related. Stress can affect your body, your thoughts, your feelins and your behavior. So don't worry. You won't die from a strange disease, cancer, stroke or heart attack.
4. Note of course, that your symptoms can be caused by other psychological or medical problems. See your doctor. You may also take a second opinion. If there is no serious health condition present, or other physical findings, your doctor(s) may conclude that the provocative cause of your signs are stress/anxiety related.
5. You are not crazy, and you will not go crazy. These are real signs, symptoms and feelings.
6. Your family and friends, may think and repeat "it's all in your head". You probably can help them to understand your problem. After realising your problem they may find ways to help you. They will probably recognize that stress/anxiety is part of their daily lives too. It is possible that they are also experiencing stress signs and symptoms, without knowing it.
Next Post: Physical Stress Symptoms