Monday, January 5, 2009
How can you keep a stress diary
Every time you make an entry, record the following information:
- How happy you feel now.
Define on a scale of 0 to 10 how happy do you feel now (0 no happy at all & 10 your happiest period of your life) about yourself, family, friends, job, lifestyle.
- How stressed you feel now.
Another subjective assessment, on a scale of 0 to 10 ( 0 no stressed at all & 10 the most stressed period) about yourself, family, friends, job, lifestyle.
- The most resent stressful events:
1. what, when, where and how happened.
2. What factors made the event stressful.
- The symptoms of the stress felt (lightheaded, stomach, breathlessness, headache, etc.)
- How did you handle the stressful situation.
- The fundamental cause of the stress.
- The events outside your control that causes your stress.
- Which stressors are self induced.
- Other factors that make your symptoms worsening. For example special foods, coffee, alcohol, drugs, sleeping habits,changes in your lifestyle, travels etc.
For a sample of a simpler and not so detailed stress diary, you can check this link: